Greetings all . . .

So here is question/situation.
I am scanning in some photos at a very large size.  23x35 inches, 300
dpi.  The final output will be a poster of that size.  In spite of my
best attempts there is always some dust someplace.  I'm wondering if
there is an "easy" way to cover this without having to touch up each
speck by hand.

I have googled a bit & check the tutorials at gimp.org.  So far found
nothing really useful.  I though I would ask to see if anyone has a lead
for me on this.

I'm wondering if I can't do some sort of blur or something, just enough
to cover the dust without losing the sharpness.  Maybe a second layer
that is blured?  Anyhow, I am going to go experiment with this problem
tonight and see if I come up with anything.

Thanks for any advice you may be able to give.
Adrian

--
On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos

On The Fly Photography:  http://204EastSouth.com
Purchase from On The Fly:  http://www.cafepress.com/onthefly