On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 01:30:48PM -0400, Neil Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 02:08:27PM -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
> >Maybe yoiu are just looking for the edit->stroke path menu entry.
> >Don't forget to set "eraser" as your tool.
>
> Yes I tried that after creating a path.  I missed something though and
> was unsuccessful.

you can choose the tool you wish to stroke a path with in the dialog (at
the bottom of the dialog).  if you are trying to make a change from
another graphic art application, it might be a good idea to spend
sometime with the dialogs and check out the different options on them.

> >But quite possibly, you could just use the eraser tool + <shift> click
>
> Yes that worked for me.
>
> Thanks for your reply.  Personally, I find using the Gimp very hard.
> Nothing seems easy or 'natural'.  Perhaps I just need more practise.

the thing is, if your experience had been with the gimp first,
everything would seem more natural for you.  and in some respects, it is
wrong to blame gimp for this feeling.

many of the things that gimp does, it does in more steps than some of
the other apps.  each step has different options.  for instance, it
seems that photoshop has these new layer effects.  for gimp users, this
has always been available in a two step process in which you add a new
layer and then change its mode.  in someways, it should be more natural
as you have all the options available to you at each step of the way.

good luck making the transition, btw.  gimp is worth it.

carol