On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 17:01 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Editing that text file is not going to be any easier or faster than
> editing the font using the tool I showed you.  GIMP is not going to
> provide ways to fix your fonts since there are tools available for
> this job and GIMP is not a font editor.
> What GIMP is going to provide (one day) is ways to adjust letter
> spacing. You can then "fix" the kerning whereever you think it is
> wrong. We are however not going to write that info back to the font.

Having a way to manually tweak kerning is indeed very useful feature, it
doesn't always need to relate to badly designed fonts.

Personally I would find it a lot more useful in a vector editor, since
that's what I would be using for logo design, an area where I see this
feature essential.

Aewyn, I recommend you open a feature request on this, although
convincing Sven of its usefulness is probably a well spent time, because
text tool is mostly his effort.

Jakub Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>