Hi all.

I'm new to the list. I have joined because I need help.

I'm making a gimp-python scipt to create cross stitch patterns from an
image. Reading list's archives i've founded this

I don't know if Carol has completed his idea. By now, i'm evaluating
how much work can make gimp by itself.

The feature that i can't find in gimp is to map an image with a custom
palette (DMC Floss colors). Gimp only allows me to convert from RGB to
Indexed mode, but it doesn't allow to choose a custom pallete with
more than 256 colours, and doesn't allow to choose the maximum number
of colours.

Any help?

Thanks in advance