Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 06:44, Carol Spears wrote:

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 03:44:52PM -0800, Barton Bosch wrote:

What are the best ways to take an image of a straight line and
bend it into an s-curve with The GIMP?  I have tried the
perspective and shear tools as well as the distort->curve bend
filter without producing an ideal result.

In a word: iwarp .

Search for the iwarp filter in the Distorts menu - that is your man.

Huh, I tried the Iwarp filter but it seems to be broken (GIMP 2.0.4 from the FC2 rpm).

It showed the layer in the preview window but regardless of any
changes in parameters it didn't alter the image at all.  Did I miss
something, is this a known problem or a mystery?

Barton