On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:31:48 +0100
> From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Plugin Registry and dog plugin
>
> Hi,
>
> Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Free SVG Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org
>
> For a long time I've been willing to point people to OpenClipArt.org,
> in particular to the gradients that GIMP 2.2 is now able to read. But
> even though I've reported this problem a long ago, the gradients are
> still completely unusable due to lack of preview. Even worse, lately

I was reluctant to add what would be needed for a preview because it would
have broken compatibility with some of the software I was using.

They went and broke compatibility anyway for other reasons.

I am reasonably sure they have a Perl script to add the necessary
information to allow a preview but they do not seem to have gotten around
to it last time I checked (I do not do perl.  I've moved on from
OpenClipart.org and didn't plan on making any further changes to the files
I had submitted, the other files I submitted are probably still in the
queue awaiting processing).

> one can't even browse the repository any longer. So I cannot even
> verify that the gradients are still broken.  Can you please fix this
> for us?

(Freedestkop.org has been having problems and they host the OpenClipart
website.)  I cannot fix the openclipart.org website, as I do not have CVS
access.  I'll try and bring it to the attention of the admins but I'm not
very closely involved in the project.  I just happened to join up early on
and contribute some a few hundred gradients and patterns when the library
was only small, and I haven't looked at the project it in months even
though I do still think it is a very worthwhile project.

I could to see about getting the gradients updated to include the
information needed for previews, but I'm not making any promises (I might
get it done over christmas).

> As soon as this is fixed, someone might look into fixing our
> registry for you.

Do not fix the registry on my account.
The registry is nice to have but I dont need it very often.

I had not seen the breakage mentioned and thought you might not already be
aware of it or that I might be doing something wrong.  I decided to
ask about it first rather than filing a bug report, I can still file a bug
report if you want

- Alan