Hi,

Sorry, just after I sent my previous posting I realized I should have added that I indeed checked /etc/ld.so.conf. Indeed /usr/local/lib is in there, and only after checking this I ran ldconfig.

I'll try Carol's hint tomorrow - going to bed now.

thanks again, greetings, Jogchum

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

But after your reply I did

export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"

before running configure.

This is what configure says:

checking for TIFFReadScanline in -ltiff... no
checking for TIFFWriteScanline in -ltiff... no
checking for TIFFFlushData in -ltiff34... no
configure: WARNING: *** TIFF plug-in will not be built (TIFF library
not found) ***
configure: error:
*** Checks for TIFF libary failed. You can build without it by passing
*** --without-libtiff to configure but you won't be able to use TIFFs then.

Does your linker look into /usr/local/lib at all? If you install libraries there, you either have it in /etc/ld.so.conf and updated your linker cache or you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, didn't you?

Sven