Hi all,

So thanks to yosh (and carol for having done the contest section
of the site in the first place) we now have the splash contest
back on track.

The next step is to actually judge the contest and pickj the 2.2
splash screen.

There are 3 ways we can go about that.

1) Someone makes a unilateral decision and commits one of the
entries.
2) A small (2 or 3) group of GIMP people decide among themselves
who wins.
3) A larger group (the GIMP user list, more or less) judges the
contest by sending in their favourite, and the one with the most
votes gets it.

I'd like to do the third one, but we don't have a voting
framework and I think that it would take too long. I prefer the
second method.

So could people who are interested in judging the splash contest
(and having an entry should probably make you inelligible)
contact me, and I will put 3 or 4 of you in contact with each
other? That way, you can just let me know who won next Monday,
and everyone is happy.

Obviously, if 50 people say they are interested, I will just pick
4 people by some arbitrary method.

Are there any people who disagree with doing it that way?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
        David Neary,