These  palettes are not saved as part of the image. Rather, as
Gimp-wide resources.

Look in the preferences dialog were is your palette data dir in
windows. The palette you created will be there. You have to write
this file to the equivalent dir, probably ~/.gimp-2.0/palettes/ ,
before you start the GIMP in linux.