I also cannot understand the reason behind not integrating the help files with Gimp.

jozsefmak

The best solution of course would be to have the help files integrated with
the Gimp package itself. That is the way most packages work. Failing that, a
help tarball in parallel to the current stable version and with explicit
instructions on installation (i.e. where) would be most helpful. I suppose I
will have to go to a Knoppix disk and figure out where the help files go from
its internal structure. Oh well.
--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: