Vittorio wrote:

Alle 11:11, sabato 29 gennaio 2005, Mogens Jaeger ha scritto:

Vittorio wrote:

pentium 4, kde 3.3.2, the very last build of linux gentoo compiled from
scratch; gimp 2.0.4, xsane 0.96, xscanimage 1.0.13; epson usb scanner

Both xsane and xscanimage alone work smoothly with the usb scanner.
The directories /ushr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/
and /usr/local/lib/gimp-2.0/plug-ins/
contain @xsane and @xscanimage.
When I launch the gimp 2.0 I see during the booting phase of the program
that xsane and xscanimage are detected as plugins
BUT... if I a ask to acquire an image neither xsane nor xscanimage are
displayed in the file->acquire menu (sorry I'm translating the menu item

from Italian into English!)

What should I check and do in the end?
(A step by step explanation please)

I don't know about the xscanimage, but for xsane do as described in the
To run xsane under the gimp(1), simply set a symbolic link from the
xsane-binary to one of
the gimp(1) plug-ins directories.

I did it, as I said in my message.

No - in your message you said it was in:

The directories /ushr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/
and  /usr/local/lib/gimp-2.0/plug-ins/

but it has to be as an symbolic link in your user plug-ins directories, like:

mvh Mogens Jęger