On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Neo Anderson wrote:

> Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:09:48 -0500
> From: Neo Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Gimp very slow loading extension_script_fu!
>
> Hi! I am new.
>
> I have Fedora Core 3 and Gimp 2.24.

> I have a small problem here. Every time I start Gimp, the splash screen
> would freeze a minute or more showing 'loading extension_script_fu'.

It can sometimes take a while to load, there are a lot of plugins and
extensions to be loaded.

> Do others have same experience or do I need to do someting on my
> computer?

I usually run the gimp with options not to load all the extensions
(although this can sometimes have annoying side effects when extensions
expect everything to be preloaded).

You can do this too by using the following command line arguements:

gimp --no-data --no-splash --no-fonts

Give it a try and decide if it works well enough for you.  I find the
improvement in startup speed very helpful and worth any minor
inconveniences but your mileage may vary.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/