On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 04:41:09PM -0400, Tom Cat wrote:
On 4/25/05, Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 1) google is trying to change the way the gimp lists respond to mail,
> >    i think.
> >
> I'm confused what do you mean by item #1?

many pidgeons will die before the curmudgeons change the way they write
their mail.

> > 2) you are using an old linux distribution.  i am sorry about that.
> >    it is the ultimate in cheap and lazy and you will still be able to
> >    get gimp to work.
> >
> > 3) i was successful in getting gimp to build in /usr/  and i was
> >    successful in getting gimp to build in /usr/local/.  the reason my
> >    experiences are limited to this is that someone who is competent with
> >    computers is running my system.
> >
> As for #2 & #3, I have a very stable system.  That is part of the
> reason, I want to install the gimp in $HOME/usr not /usr or
> /usr/local.   It doesn't seem know anything about tiffs.  I've also
> tried the libtiff at ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/libs/  I had to
> recompile gtk+ and set CFLAGS='-I/home/strycat/usr/include' to get
> that to compile.  However gimp does not give any errors but it just
> seems to ignore libtiff.  Is there some option I can force it to look
> for libtiff?

my computer is stable.  much more stable than this world i think.  i
brag about being lazy, so when i say something is the ultimate of lazy,
it is a compliment.  whoever is running your computer is making you do
his work.   please congratulate your system administrator for a job well
done for me.

my computer is stable and i can build gimp.  i failed some in lazy for
this to happen, however.

ask your system administrator for the help.  they have the permission
because they have the smarts for it, right?

all i did was admit that i have never done this.

carol