> Hello,
>
> I had almost the same questions some days ago,
> concerning my new Intuos3.
>
> Sadly, I got no answer at all... maybe my english is
> really bad, what I'm sorry about ;)

I got my Intuos3 working perfectly, though at first it was only seen as a
mouse. The problem is, it can come from a lot of different things, and I
don't know what you already did or not.
My problem was basically not having replaced enough kernel drivers with
the linuxwacom ones.

So, some questions that could help both of you :
- what does your system messages say when you plug the tablet in?
- what kernel drivers did you replace? none, wacom.ko, more?
- do you have any other usb input device (the linuxwacom HOWTO only talk
about USB mice, but I finally understood my USB dance mat was a problem
too!)

Basically, keep in mind this has nothing to do with the GIMP as you have
not made it to this step yet.

Everything is in the linuxwacom HOWTO, but I admit it tool me several
tries until I got it to work.

--
Karine Delvare
[EMAIL PROTECTED]