A long while back I had a selection of fonts available for Gimp.
I had instructions for installing  the fonts and making them
work. I recall there was a directory in X11 somewhere that was
involved. When you used the text function a list appeared from
which you could select a typeface and size. Now all that seems to have gone.

Now I have forgotten the magic formula, And the
www.gimp.org site seems not to mention the issue.

Would some kind soul please point my errant fingers to the
correct howto and downloads?  I have Slackware Linux 10.1 and both
Gimp 2.2 and 2.3.

John Culleton
The answers to all your publishing questions are found
in the excellent books listed in the word-famous shortlist!