I use an Epson C-84 at home, so far the DuraBrite inks Epson uses for prints are holding up well (about a year old). Their previous generation of inks did fade with time, noticeably over 2 years. Look for acid-free on the paper too. If you are picky, you might archive the image files you like on CD-ROM and keep that with the pictures, hopefully that will outlast the paper and allow you to reprint to verify or replace paper photos at a later date.

-Ken

Helen wrote:

I'm using an HP Deskjet 5550, on good-quality photo paper.
My prints lose color in less than a year.
Is there a way to prolong the life of a print, other than an
extremely expensive giclee printer?
Thanks,
Helen

= Enterprise Data Services Division ===============
| CIRES, National Geophysical Data Center / NOAA  |
| 303-497-6221                                    |