Hi All,

I have a first-time question.  In general terms, how can I change all the
pixels of one colour within a hand-drawn selection into another colour ?

In specific terms, I have a gif file containing some black-on-white text.
I want to be able to colour various parts of the black text to be red-on-
white, or blue-on-white (whatever) for emphasis.  I can't do that colouring
on the originating system, so need to uyse the GIMP to do it.

I tried the colour-to-alpha idea suggested in the first background-colour
change tutorial, but colour-to-alpha is greyed out and I don't how know
to get past that, if it is the right way to go.

Any suggestions ?