Sven Neumann wrote:
If you are using a tablet, the tablet should deliver higher precision
coordinates. But is that actually the case? Are you really using your
tablet as extended input device or is it only delivering core pointer
events for some reason?

Ok, so at least the GIMP is supposed to use the precision coordinates from the tablet? That's all I expect and desire.

I've configured my tablet as an extended input device which also delivers core events. My first thought was that the core events were confusing the GIMP so I turned the core events off completely for the tablet but the results were the same.

But as long as I know that the GIMP will take care of the high resolution coordinates if they're being fed to it correctly, then I suppose there's still something wrong with my setup. I can't see what I could possibly have done wrong though.

/Martin