Apologies for the Newbie question!

I'm using Gimp 2.2.4 and attempting to run the Colour Management plug-in, 'gimp-color-manager 0.1.0'.
My OS is Mandrake Linux LE2005.
Following the INSTALL instructions I've configured, make'd and installed it. 'gimp-color-manager' appears in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins, (but not in ~/.gimp-2.2/plug-ins). However, I'm unable to activate it.

Gimp=> File=> Preferences=> Folders => Plug-ins shows /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins as one of the Plug-In Folders. But Gimp=> Xtns=> Plug-in Browser doesn't find the colour manager plug-in and only searches among the plug-ins installed with the system.

There doesn't appear to be anything in Gimp 2.2.4 corresponding to the Xtns/Plugins Details or Plugin Description dialog as described in Gimp Help for incorporating new plug-ins.

What's missing or what am I doing wrong?  I'd be grateful for any pointers.

Thanks

Doug