On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 02:44:09PM +0100, Doug wrote:
> Apologies for the Newbie question!
>
> I'm using Gimp 2.2.4 and attempting to run the Colour Management
> plug-in, 'gimp-color-manager 0.1.0'.
> My OS is Mandrake Linux LE2005.
> Following the INSTALL instructions I've configured, make'd and installed
> it. 'gimp-color-manager' appears in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins, (but not
> in ~/.gimp-2.2/plug-ins). However, I'm unable to activate it.
>
> Gimp=> File=> Preferences=> Folders => Plug-ins shows
> /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins as one of the Plug-In Folders.
> But Gimp=> Xtns=> Plug-in Browser doesn't find the colour manager
> plug-in and only searches among the plug-ins installed with the system.
>
> There doesn't appear to be anything in Gimp 2.2.4 corresponding to the
> Xtns/Plugins Details or Plugin Description dialog as described in Gimp
> Help for incorporating new plug-ins.

gimp has display filters that can adjust the display according to a
monitor profile.  View-->Display Filters.  the problem is that you are
on your own to find your monitor profile and install it there.

as far as color printing goes, gutenberg print (whatever gimp print has
changed its name to) is on its way towards handling printer profilers if
it does not handle them already.

carol