* michael chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [08-12-05 12:33]:

> Has this happened for everyone else?  Is it just this list?

no, and it is not the list

> You know, it's totally possible the list is smart enough that it's
> configurator/creator knows most people delete duplicate messages
> anyways, so it only sends out one copy.  *shrugs*

No

> I obviously can't figure out this behaviour, because my client acts
> differently [ I use the GMail Web Interface].  When I get messaged
> CCed to list (filter by subject, [gimp-user]), it gets Archived [skip
> inbox], and then applied a label (read: put into a folder)
> "gimp-user".  If I get the message as well directly in To, I believe
> it also ends up in my Inbox ("ignoring", if you will, the skip inbox
> directive).

It is known that gmail does not show both posts

> When I click on the "message" (it actually shows the entire thread of
> messages, and shows that thread under one item), your message appears
> once, and it's transparent to me whether you sent it twice or not.
>
> Personally, I'm rather fond of this behaviour, so... *shrugs*

Just because you do not *see* the wasted bandwidth, does not make it
useful, necessary or proper.  That would be like not seeing your
neighbor dealing drugs.  It doesn't make it ok.
HOG # US1244711          Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery