Hi,

I have a lot of images that need to be scaled. I wanted to write a (batch)
script for that; I found a sample online of how to write batch-scripts.
I did find in the function-database some image-scaling functions, but they
confuse me unfortunately.
What I was hoping for was something that would provide in scripting something
very similar to the GUI dialog: change one dimension and the other dimension
scales in proportion; and apply interpolation.

Now my confusion is that I do find an image-scale function but that doesn't
allow for interpolation; I do find a function that allows for interpolation:
drawable-transform-scale. But that function seems to be about transforming a
region of an image, not the whole image...

Really, I don't want to become an expert on GIMP scripting! And programming
scheme? Sorry, I never got the hang of lisp/scheme :-( so there's an extra
obstacle there to the learning of this...

(If I don't get a reasonably workable and simple answer then I think I'll just
have to cook up something in Python using PIL and forego the quality
interpolation that GIMP has when scaling an image -- I'm quite familiar with
Python; but there's no Python for my win-gimp so I'll have to use scheme for
GIMP scripting)

regards,

--Tim