On Sunday 20 November 2005 05:49 pm, Remus Boara wrote:
> thanks a lot... i downloaded the manual it should be fine.
> I'm really sorry for my persistence but just found another thing
> that worries me:
>
> if i have a group of graphics, how can i move them across the
> canvas all together? i'm talking about lots of layers that needs to
> be located on some other place on the same window without merging
> them into a single one.

Although there are no layer groups or trees in the GIMP, you can have
a single layer group, formed by "linked layers". To link a layer, you
just click on the layer dialog next to the visibility ?(eye) icon - a
chain link will appear to indicate it is linked. Whenever you perform
a transform - move, scale, etc..., it is performed in all linked
layers.

To move another group of layers, you have to unlink all the previous,
and link all layers of the set you want to move.

        JS
        -><-