Yes but the background is white? Why is it so hard to save a transparent logo? It was transparent... but when saving it, the background is white.

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 13:15 +0000, Donncha O Caoimh wrote:
Hi Jeff,

That's the easy part - save your logo as a .xcf or .jpg  and when you're
editing a photo load up your logo image. Copy that image by hitting
CTRL-c to copy, and then select your photo. CTRL-v to paste it.

Take a look at the Layers dialog (CTRL-L if it's not visible) and right
click on the "Floating Selection (pasted layer)"  layer and select "New

You should be able to drag the logo around your photo now using the
"Move" tool (the one with the 4 arrows).

When saving as a jpeg, GIMP will ask you to merge the layers, that's
perfectly normal.

That's probably something I should do with my own photos!

Hope that helps!