Am 17.02.2006 um 21:42 schrieb John R. Culleton:

The pdf file for the Gimp Users Manual. Dec 2005 edition does not
come with an index.

This might be true for the dec issue of the english manual but is rather a temporarily weakness of the pdf production process ( docbook -> (la)tex -> pdf ) then a general problem. The german version I've build a couple of days ago has an index.

I am thinking of preparing my own (which I
will share of course.)

You want to prepare what? An index or a manual? The first one is already done in each docbook chapter. (Well, it *might* be that there is room for improvements of course :)

Has anyone found an index to this manual
on the site?

uhh - yes - all the html versions have one and as I just wrote all the pdf versions *should* have one too!

Greetings, lexA

--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers:

---
Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get...
GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen