I am not following your use of "immutable" (it seems to contradict the statements in parentheses). Perhaps you could clarify that part.

Also, I would caution that in GIMP parlance, the term "resize" generally refers to changing the canvas size of the image (without affecting the pixel data in any way). The term "scaling" is used to describe actually changing the size of image contents. Miscommunication could arise if this convention is not recognized.

I am not aware of a Procedural DataBase function that permits automatic saving of curves or levels. There is support (via some GAP plugins) for the loading and application of such files. The files themselves are simple affairs and there should be little difficulty in writing functions to save them. (Also, the curves and levels can be saved from their corresponding "Layers->Colors..." dialog boxes.)

I am not familiar with Python-fu but all that you described is easily handled by Script-fu and there is little reason to doubt that it cannot be accomplished with Python. The PDB is language agnostic and I think it is fair to say that Script-fu is the least capable of the available scripting languages.

Quoting Kent Tenney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Is it possible to script this capability?
(automatically saving the curves and levels files, under names
which indicates which image they are associated with)

Could it be scripted with Python-fu?
(I am comfortable with Python, not scheme)