Hello,
I'm working out of Learning Web Design by Jennifer
Niederst, and it uses Photoshop for dealing with
graphics. I've instead opted to use GIMP, and I'm
wondering if there is an equivalent to "Constrain
Proportions" and "Resample Image" options for resizing
an image. For example, the book says this:

        "Our sweetpea.tif is way too big, so let's size it
down. Making sure both the Constrain Proportions and
Resample Image boxes are checked, change the
resolution to 72 dpi. The resulting image should be
250 pixels wide and 160 pixels high. Click OK."

Now, to do this I went into the Image->Scale Image
dialog, changed X- and Y- Resolution to 72
pixels/inch, but the Image Size didn't change. The
link box to the right of each of these options was
linked. If I didn't know the image was supposed to be
250x160, is there any way to automate this process?
What is the equivalent of the two PS options?

Thanks