On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 22:57 +0000, Jethro Tull wrote:
> I would like to know if there is a way to select a part in a picture
> and then moving freely the selection window to some specific place in
> that pic without of course modifying/displacing any part the image. I would
> just like
> slipping the window on the image.

Method 1: selection -> path, move path, path -> selection
(however, selection -> path is not very exact)

I thought about it a bit then tried something else:

Method 2: wow - amazing what you can find by accident :)
OK this one is exact:
create selection, click on 'quick mask', use Move tool to move the mask,
then unclick 'quick mask'