> 1. How do you change it so that when you save a file it
> doesn't save as a GIMP file?

use "File/Save As" when right clicking on the image or using the "File" menu at
the top of the image window.

> 2. Is there a way to move a text box after you type it? Because you cant
> always tell where it's going to go untill your done.

If you choose the "Move" tool after you've typed your text, you can move the
layer with the text around as you desire.  The "Move" tool is the icon with the
4 arrows in all 4 directions.

>3. Is there a way to open more then one picture on the same screen? Because I
> want to put a few pictures together and then save it as one new picture.

I believe you can open more than one image in the "File/Open" dialog (at least
on Windows).

Be sure to post which version of Gimp you're using and on what platform.  :)

Peace...

Tom

From: Katie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I have 3 questions. 1. How do you change it so that when you save a file it
> doesn't save as a GIMP file?
> And 2. Is there a way to move a text box after you type it? Because you cant
> always tell where it's going to go untill your done.
> 3. Is there a way to open more then one picture on the same screen? Because I
> want to put a few pictures together and then save it as one new picture.
>
> I'm sorry to sound stupid but I'm new to GIMP and also photo editing and
> creating.
> Any help is appreciated.

--- Begin Message --- I have 3 questions. 1. How do you change it so that when you save a file it doesn't save as a GIMP file?
And 2. Is there a way to move a text box after you type it? Because you cant always tell where it's going to go untill your done.