John R. Culleton escribe:
> I have the writer's permission to forward this info:

Nice. Who's the writer?

> One other note of caution about Gimp: I would not try to install it if
> you're running Win XP.  The online info indicates that it will run on
> Win XP, but it also may screw up other programs.  I downloaded it and
> then discovered that you had to install the GTK+ Runtime Environment.
> Did that, tried it and, after quickly determining that it was an awkward
> program and not one that I would choose to use for anything, discovered
> that GTK had messed up other programs.  Took me a couple of hours to get
> everything back to normal (had to manually find the bits and pieces of
> GTK and reinstall a couple of other programs).
>
> Maybe it works OK with Linux, for which it was designed, but I would not
> recommend installing it on Win XP.

GTK+ is only a bunch of files that go to a directory which you could
or could not include in your PATH. AFAIK it doesn't do a shit to
system registry. So I bet that it's not true that GTK+ screw anything.

Gimp and other GTK+ apps (Gaim, Gajim, etc.) run nicely enough on
Windows.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres   "Il est vain de pleurer sur l'esprit, il suffit
                                de travailler pour lui." Albert Camus