Curtis Vaughan <cavaughan <at> gmail.com> writes:

Here's an update to my problem.
In the first place, forget about the color issue.

I created a second account on my computer
and logged into that account and
installed Gimp.app under that account.
First I made sure, however, that English
was the primary language and USA was for
localization. Everything was working fine.

So I went back to my account. English is the
primary language, followed by Russian and
French. However, Russia was for localization.
So, I changed it to USA. Then I tried Gimp.
Same font problem.
So then I started removing various
configuration files.
For example, I removed ~/.gimp-2.2/.
I removed ~/Library/Application Support/Gimp/.
I copied over the ~/.gimp-2.2 directory from the
user I created. Etc.
Each time I would retry installing and launching
Gimp, but everytime the same problem.

Anybody have any idea what needs to be done to
get Gimp to show up with Latin fonts?