On Tuesday 23 January 2007 23:47, Anthony Ettinger wrote:
> On 1/23/07, Patrick Shanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > * A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [01-23-07 20:31]:
> >  [...]
> >
> > > and thus it most likely IS a FF or Linux issue.
> > >
> > > i.e. the people not seeing it correctly must have
> > >
> > > either: a) a setting "issue" in FF or Linux (display)
> > >
> > > or: b) using a version of FF or Linux (display driver)
> > >        with that "issue"
> >
> > more likely, they have configured FF or their X display
> > incorrectly, probably FF.
>
> I'm suspecting my X server or questionable nVidia driver or my new
> monitor is responsible...anyway, it seems not a gimp issue, but I
> figured I'd ask anyway.
>
> Just to make sure I'm saving the image correctly, this is my
> process:
>
> 1 layer: with text
> 1 background (alpha channel removed): color: #99cc00;

hhmm?? if you want the text, without the surrounding background to
show up over the green bg of the page, why not just save it witha
trasnaprent background? Just turn off the visibility of the
background layer before saving.

> When I save as .png, I check the "save gamma",

Actually, checking the " save gamma" optin is a good candidate for the
color difference to show up at all!!!
The problem is _all_ about gamma correction. You should e tried with9u
tit already.

> UNcheck "save
> background-color",
NP. this doe snothing, but zero out tthe transparent area

> and check the last item: "dither transparency
> from background".
Uncheck this - you don't want dithered transparency, you wnat true
transparency!

> Can someone please confirm that these are the correct steps moving
> forward with transparent PNG?

        js
        -><-