Hi,

unfortunately it is not that easy, because not only have you to
invert the colors, but to "subtract" the brown color from the film
strip also. I'm not sure, but my first guess would be that this is
not easily done in GIMP.

Greetings, lexA

Am 17.04.2007 um 22:02 schrieb Joao Moreira:

> Hi,
>
> I just took some photos negatives (memories from the pre-digital days
> :-) and
> put them on my flat bed scanner. So now I have a color image of these
> negatives
> in the gimp, so how do I go about turning them into a positive ?
>
> I would expect this to be a very simple operation, like a subtraction,
> on each
> pixel, right ? does this exist ? is there a tool/filter that does
> this ?
>
> Or do I need to code a plugin, and if so, what exactly is the
> operation
> to be done
> (in terms of RGB) ?
>
> Thanks,
> Joao
>
> --
> Joao Moreira de Sa Coutinho
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
Remember: There are only two tools in life. WD-40, for when something
doesn't move, and should, and Duct Tape, for when something is moving
and it shouldn't.
So does the universe explode if you spray duct tape with WD-40?