I will take a wild guess that when working with your larger image, you
have the filter's camera settings "zoomed out" enough that the result
is not visible (this would explain the quick execution of the filter).

If adjusting your camera settings does not solve your problem, perhaps
you could provide further details about the steps you are taking
(image dimensions, filter settings, etc).

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]: