Alex Feldman wrote:
> This isn't really a Gimp question, I don't think, but I hope it's
> appropriate here.
>
> Gthumb almost gives me a nice way to do this, presenting me with  a
> page  of thumbnails that I can select from, and then rotate the selected
> ones all at once.  Trouble is, you then have to go through and
> individually save each image to get it to "take".  Does anyone know of a
> tool that that will make this as painless as possible?

I'm fairly sure that gthumb also offers an automatic mode. I have a
Panasonic Lumix p&s which sets orientation in the EXIF tags.

Open gthumb in folder view. Select every unprocessed photo that *might*
need altering, click Rotate, ensure that the "Adjust Photo Orientation"
and "Apply to all images" and hit OK. Those that should be portrait will
be rotated and saved.

If you repeat the process, the rotations will be repeated so beware.

Cheers,
Toby Haynes