When closing an image the whole program will close. Console output if it

(gimp:22197): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: gimp: wire_read(): error
RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module gobject._gobject:
This Python has API version 1013, module gobject._gobject has version 1012.
  from _gobject import *

(gimp:22197): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: gimp: wire_read(): error
The program 'gimp' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 18775 error_code 191 request_code 158 minor_code 7)

(script-fu:22219): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read(): error

The Python error is repeated a few times at startup and maybe because
I have 2.4 and 2.5 installed at the moment (problems with spamassassin
package meant installing the 2.4). I will experiment a bit with that, but
could that be the reason Gimp closes?

Q:  Why do ducks have flat feet?