This happened to me yesterday too. Everytime when closing an image window GIMP
freezes, but only on Windows XP! Maybe this has something to do with the
debug-window thats open all the time in this build.

However my 2.3.18 on Ubuntu 7.04 runs perfectly - I never experienced this kind
of crash under linux! Just wanted to add that.

Regards,
Bernhard

--
Bernhard Stockmann