On 6/26/07, ying lcs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks. I have tried it, but it does not help much. I wonder if I miss
> anything.

if you have any transparency in your image it will increase the size
instead of shrinking it since it will add another channel to the
image. To ensure you have no transparency in your image use
image->flatten image

A good way to decrease the size of the image is to use either the
indexed mode or just use colors->posterize to decrease the number of
colors used. Be sure not to overwrite your original image since this
is not a lossless operation