David Southwell wrote:
> Anyone...
> Finally does anyone have a handle on the timeframe for 2.4??
Not really. I think you'll just have to be patient.

Incidentally, unless you've got a pro camera and lens, a high quality, properly
calibrated monitor and a very good printer, I really don't think you're going
benefit from the extra bit depth. Probably you know this already but I suspect
many people out there are under the mistaken impression that they're losing
quality if they use Gimp when really they're not.

For a while I've been using Gimp in preference to Cinepaint because I felt that
8bpc was good enough and well worth the tiny sacrifice in quality for the
massive gains in usability. But I was surprised to learn from a pro
friend recently that he forces his Photoshop down to 8-bits because, even with
his set-up, he couldn't see the difference in quality. And he makes the
reasonable point that he doesn't want to be manipulating bits he can't see.

--- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall ---