Lucas Prado Melo wrote:
> How can I identify (using gimp) if a photograph has been faked?

It would depend on how good a job was done in faking the image. The basics
involve using a high zoom factor to see the pixels. Look for artifacts created
by a poor blend of the added in (faked) part of the image and the original.

Some possible indications of faked images are sudden changes in colour in
pixels or pixels with colours that are quite different from those nearby
(especially if it appears several pixels along a curve or a line), and
differences in lighting direction or intensity.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.