Sven Neumann wrote:

On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 11:38 -0300, Rich wrote:

After installing 2.4.0-rc3, I was configuring the preferences, as I was trying out the settings,
 when I double clicked the 'Main Mouse Wheel' device under
 File/Preferences/Input Devices/Input Controllers, Gimp disappears and dies.

Seems to work fine for me. Please start gimp from a terminal window and
check if there's any output before it crashes.

It would be good to investigate this further. Please see for a detailed description on
how to submit a useful bug report.

Thanks, I'll try rebuilding it again. Would there be any conflicts running 2.2.x, 2.3.x, and 2.4.x ? I tried compiling with the --disable-shared and that seemed to resolve the lib issue with 2.3.
ldd looked okay, it was using the rc3 libs.

If it persists, I'll submit a bug report.