On Friday 19 October 2007 12:08:53 Chris Mohler wrote:
> On 10/18/07, Leon Brooks GIMP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> BTW, if anyone sees a real 2.4 DEB or RPM source, please drop
>> a message on this list saying so. Both I & my sister-in-law
>> photographer would like to graduate from earlyish 2.3s,

> I;ve been messing with the ubuntu beta (gutsy) and it
> installed RC3 from the start.  Maybe you can find the DEBs
> in their repositories?

Hmm. Fires up an Ubuntu Feisty desktop...

Only 2.2.13 in the "optional" collection, let's see... Festy Fawn...
Gutsy Gibbon... Horrible... er, what sort of interesting animals
begin with an H? Here is Tamania we have Devils (done), Quolls
(way future), Wombats (future) and a kind of Wallaby called a
Pademelon (future). Hmmm... (-:

OK, Gutsy has 2.4.0~rc3 so I might give that a whirl (Pacific
Internet's mirror seems to have a copy). I wonder what other
dependencies I'll have to drag down -- other than an entire
distro, which would be more than a little tedious over this
dialup link.

Cheers; Leon