Martin Bradley wrote:
> I'd been slowly trying to learn Common Lisp and thought that Script-Fu had it.
> Here is the scheme coding tutorial I was using, most likely the wrong
> thing to be reading.

Script-Fu scripts are based on the Scheme language. Scheme is a dialect of
Lisp. There are a number of Scheme interpreters which may offer slightly
different features and compliance with the Scheme standards. The web page you
are reading appears to be for the Scheme variant used in mzscheme.

Script-Fu as of GIMP 2.4 more closely follows the R5RS. The document you
should be reading can be found at

Some aspects described in the R5RS are not supported in Script-Fu.
define-syntax is one of them.

Kevin.           |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"