Hi Joao,

> May I suugest this code instead of the above? :
> from gimpfu import *
> def python_fu_create_thumb(filename):
>     img = pdb.gimp_file_load(filename, filename)
>     pdb.gimp_file_save_thumbnail(img, filename)
> register (
>     "python-fuc-create-thumb",
>     "Create Thumbnail of Image File",
>     "Create Thumbnail of Image File",
>     "Marty Bradley",
>     "Marty Bradley",
>     "jan 2008",
>      "",
>      "<Toolbox>/Xtns/Script-Fu/Utils/Thumbnail...",
>      [(PF_FILENAME, "Image Name". "Filename of the iamge to create
> thumbnail", "")],
>      [],
>      python_fu_create_thumb
> )
> main()

I don't want to try to get your code working because I know nothing
about Python, I know it is a good language.  The other reason I'm not
happy using it is that it adds another layer of software to a solution
that should work on its own.

I have still been unable to get the following to work.

(define (script-fu-create-thumb filename)
  (let* ((img 0))
    ;; car needed here because gimp functions return values as lists
    (set! img (car (gimp-file-load 1 filename filename)))
     (gimp-file-save-thumbnail img filename)))

(script-fu-register "script-fu-create-thumb"
                    "Thumbnail Image"
                    "Marty Bradley"
                    "Marty Bradley"
                    "Dec 2007"
                    SF-FILENAME "Image Name" " ")

Any other pointers would be gladly accepted.