Alchemie foto\grafiche wrote:
> well looks as a Gimp clone, even support xcf is for sale at
> http://www.pixelmator.com/ for 59$
>
> Is for Mac
>
> Is licit ?

It looks interesting. It appears on the surface to be based on some version of
GIMP but they seem to have made some substantial changes behind the scenes.

It is only for the Mac, has a number of UI tweaks (ie. icon for active tool
larger than the other tool icons), uses something called Core Image (their
version of a GEGL type library), makes use of a GPU, and they have done a nice
job on the manual.

Other versions of GIMP for sale are mostly just repackaged or rebranded
versions with little (if any) changes. This does not appear to be the case
with this version.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.