If it is a common case, not some particular image, the difference is
obvious: in-camera image processing includes noise reduction (blurring)
and sharpening. The resulting image look and feel is a result of
combination of NR and sharpening, acting in contrary directions. If you
use UFRaw for RAW conversion, it has noise reduction (disabled by
defaults) and has no sharpening.

David Gowers wrote:
> Okay, in that case I have no idea what is happening there.
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:47 AM, norman<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>> I forgot to say that the JPEG is sharper than the RAW conversion.
>>   Norman

With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich