On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 1:49 AM, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>  On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 15:17 +0100, norman wrote:
>  > I forgot to say that the JPEG is sharper than the RAW conversion.
>  Most cameras do some sort of pre-processing which usually involves
>  sharpening the image. One of the main points of using raw images is that
>  no such pre-processing is done.

Actually, yes. Norman, i now recall that it's a fairly standard thing
for serious digital photography, to run the final result through
'unsharp mask'.

for example, here:
unsharp mask is used (in Photoshop) with r= 5, a=500, t=0.
(I think a=500 in Photoshop terms is 0.5 in GIMP terms)

Hope that helps.