Chris Mohler wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 12:25 PM, satimis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
>>  It is quite interesting. I can finish preparing and printing simple
>> business
>>  cards on OOWriter. For professional cards with graphics, I'm now search
>>  solution to edit it on different layers and merge them after finish. If
>>  found a solution to the same then I can edit professional business cards
>> on
>>  OOWriter.  Otherwise I have to do the work on GIMP or Inkscape and
>> import
>>  the image on OOWriter for printing.
> Another layout program out there is scribus -
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your advice.

I suppose "scribus" is similar to PageMaker, FrameWork, Ventura, etc., a
desktop publisher.  I went across it before but never use it.  I ran
PageMaker while I lived in Windows world long time ago.

Actually the bar preventing me to edit professional business cards on
OOoWriter is without layers there.  I can insert picture/image on its
template as background making it x% transparent according to my requirement.
I can edit text on its top.  But I can't insert another picture/image on
top.  Unless I treat it on OOoDraw.  In this way I prefer going back to GIMP
to do the job.  I'm stuck there.

> not sure if runs well on
> windows though (they've been working on that for a while).
I'm running 100% Open Source packages here on Linux/Unix boxes.  I don't
have Windows box.  To running Windows application I need "wine".  It is in a
very rare case except IE, the buggy Internet browser.  Some Internet sites
require visitors running IE.  It is rather funny.

Sent from the Gimp User mailing list archive at