On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 22:11 -0400, Helen wrote:
> In Gimp, when I pull the guides down in order to constrain
> a circle, how do I then get the guides to go back.  Or
> to move them?  The move tool moves the entire layer,
> not the guides.

Make sure you click right on the guides when you try to drag them.  The
guide should change color (to a reddish tint) when your mouse is over
them and you can click to drag it.

To work with guides in a number of ways, try the menu Image->Guides.
This has a number of different things you can do with them, like remove
them all.

If you drag a guide back into the rulers the guide is removed from the
image window.

--
Michael J. Hammel                               Ximba End User Software
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      http://www.ximba.org