David, I just realised that I accidently sent my last reply to you
personally. I'm sorry for that. I am used to the OpenOffice.org mailing
lists, with which I can just click Reply to reply to the list automatically.
It seems like I can never get used to having to enter the address of the
list manually or click Reply to all and then remove all addresses except the
list's address.

2008/7/29 David Gowers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Johnny Rosenberg
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Tried to edit the pre-loaded brushes, but they are displayed as Write
> > protected. I located the brushes in /usr/share/gimp/2.0/brushes and I
> made
> > myself owner and I gave the files all rights and I even did that to the
> > folder itself (except I didn't change the owner of the folder).
> >
> > Still, the brushes are write protected, so I can't, for example, rotate
> > them.
> Set the folder as writeable in the GIMP folder preferences.

Okay, replied:

"I'm sorry to say this, but I couldn't find that. I found Folders →
Preferences but I couldn't see anything to change there, except that I could
and and delete search paths. I'm not sure I'm following…"

Actually, I meant that I found File → Settings → Folders (or if "settings"
should be replaced with "preferences", I have the Swedish version, so I am
not really sure).

However, David replied:

Folders -> Brushes

So here's my new reply:

If you mean File → Settings → Folders → Brushes, I can't really see any
possibilities to set anything to writeable or even setting anything at all
to what ever, except that I can add and delete search patchs for the
brushes. There are a few buttons, but they are all deactivated. The buttons
seems to be New, Up, Down, Delete and a green √.